A cannabis factory in a Birmingham house went up in flames
A makeshift cannabis factory was discovered by firefighters after white smoke was seen swelling out of the roof of a semi-detached house in Birmingham.
West Midlands Police said that overloaded wiring at the property in Hamstead Hall Avenue in Handsworth Wood posed a “huge threat” to public safety.
Shout. Fire, Hamstead Hall Avenue. Another cannabis factory goes up in smoke to the shock of neighbours. Overloaded electrics the cause. pic.twitter.com/NU8qsla7tK
— Handsworth Fire (@HandsworthFire) March 12, 2017
Crews from Handsworth community fire station attended the blaze at about 6.50am on Sunday.
Jumbles of wires were rigged up to a fuse box inside the three-bedroom home, which West Midlands Police cannabis disposal team said “had endangered the lives of neighbours”.